BenQ Materials has implemented an intellectual property management system. The implementation outcomes were reported during the fifth Board of Directors’ meeting on October 29, 2021.
Management tasks include:
Management tasks include:
- Establishing a working group: Improve the intellectual property management system through cross-departmental cooperation.
- Implementing the systematized management of intellectual property:
- Intellectual property management standardization: To facilitate intellectual property planning and review, intellectual property acquisition process, intellectual property evaluation and maintenance, document and record management process, the company has established a comprehensive patent management and trademark management system in order to strengthen intellectual property management.
- Intellectual property management system control: To effectively control the maintenance process of domestic and foreign intellectual property documents and intellectual property assets, the management system and control processes are updated from time to time in accordance with changes in domestic and foreign intellectual property laws and regulations so that the intellectual property management system's effectiveness can be maintained.
- Revision of intellectual property confidential document management process: To strengthen the management mechanism related to the R&D process, optimize the use and storage, confidentiality period, decryption and destruction of intellectual property confidential document processes to avoid the risk of infringement and leakage of trade secrets.
- Utilization of patent technology system: Regularly provide information on trends in patented technology to the heads of technology research and product development units, share technical information and review the company's strategies.
- Periodic internal audit of the R&D cycle: The internal audit process ensures that the acquisition, maintenance and use of intellectual property rights are handled in accordance with the company's regulations.
- An incentives system that encourages employees to innovate: Encourage employees to transform research and development results into intellectual property rights for protection (including patent applications and trade secrets).
- Revision of employment contracts of employees: In addition to legally stipulating that inventions made during their employment are the company's intellectual property rights, employees are obliged to keep intellectual property rights and trade secrets confidential during the employment period and after resignation.
- Implement education and training: Organize relevant intellectual property education and training courses to enhance employees' intellectual property understanding and awareness.